Insurance | Personal Lines | ATV
ATV insurance is very similar to motorcycle insurance. All-terrain vehicles are three, four or six-wheeled buggies used off-road. 4x4 insurance has the same basic coverages included in the motorcycle insurance policy, tweaked for the needs of off-road enthusiasts
- The collision portion of the all-terrain vehicle insurance policy provides coverage for collision damage to a covered ATV.
- Comprehensive ATV insurance provides coverage for losses other than collision including theft, fire and vandalism.
- Property damage ATV liability insurance provides coverage for damage to property that belongs to another party by the insured 4x4.
- Medical payments provide coverage for emergency expenses not covered by any other insurance in case of a covered accident.
- Bodily injury ATV liability provides coverage for claims or lawsuits arising out of injury that are the responsibility of the named insured.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorists’ coverage is also part of the standard motorcycle insurance policy. This coverage provides protection in case the named insured suffers property damage or bodily injury as the result of an accident with a motorist who doesn’t have any ATV liability insurance or doesn’t have enough insurance.
ATV insurance coverages and availability vary by state and insurance carrier.
Specialty All-Terrain Vehicle Insurance Coverages
Specialty all-terrain vehicle insurance coverages are also available for ATV owners. Specialty 4x4 insurance coverages include:
- All-terrain vehicle insurance towing and labor coverage provides assistance if a covered ATV breaks down and needs to be towed to a garage.
- Roadside assistance recreational vehicle insurance coverage can come in handy when a battery dies, keys are lost or a tire needs to be changed while the vehicle is in use.
- All-terrain vehicle insurance coverage for custom parts and equipment cover ATV accessories.
Specialty recreational vehicle insurance coverages offered vary by insurance company and state.
4 x 4 Insurance Policy Discounts Available
There are a number of discounts available for the 4x4 insurance policy. Most all-terrain vehicle insurance discounts include a multi-policy discount, for purchasing more than one insurance policy (for home, auto or apartment) with the same insurance carrier. Members of an approved association like the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) can also get a discount on recreational vehicle insurance. ATV insurance quotes are usually cheaper for people who have completed an approved motorcycle or 4x4 safety course. Insuring several recreational vehicles with the same company may also result in additional insurance policy discounts.
Contact Gullborg Insurance for your specific insurance needs.
information from suite101.com