Insurance | Personal Lines | Identity Recovery Insurance
Your identity can be stolen in a blink of an eye, with our Identity Recovery Insurance you can have peace of mind knowing that if someone steals your identity — or your money — help is just a phone call away.
Find Out What's Covered
For victims of identity theft, restoring their name and good credit can be a confusing, time-consuming process often requiring significant out-of-pocket expenses. Victims have the burden of demonstrating to the merchant or financial institution that the charges were fraudulent.
It can take weeks, months or even a year to fix the problem. On average, victims of identity fraud spend 60 hours and hundreds or thousands of dollars to correct the problem.
But for a low annual fee, ERIE can help take back what’s yours.
Expenses covered with ERIE’s coverage include costs for:
Identity Theft Frequently Asked Questions
Tips on How to Protect Your Indentity
- lost wages up to $5,000 in total;
- re-filing applications for loans, grants or other credit instruments;
- certain legal fees, including the expenses for defending any civil suit brought against the insured by a creditor or collection agency or for removing any civil judgment wrongfully entered against the insured as a result of the stolen identity;
- notarizing affidavits or other similar documents;
- miscellaneous expenses up to $1,000;
- ordering credit reports, and postage, phone, and shipping fees related to identity theft and fraud;
- actual costs for supervision of children, elderly or infirm relatives or dependents of an insured during time reasonably and necessarily taken away from such supervision.