Insurance | Commercial Lines | Landlord Insurance
- The broad dwelling definition, in addition to covering your dwellings, includes permanent attachments to the dwellings, unattached outbuildings described on the Declarations, building equipment and fixtures servicing the residence premises, personal property you have for the service and maintenance of the building, outdoor antennas, and building glass, including lettering, ornamentation and burglar alarm foil.
- "Named Perils" dwelling coverage provides protection against loss caused by the following perils as defined in the policy: fire; lightning; windstorm or hail; explosion; riot and civil commotion; vehicles and aircraft; smoke; falling objects; weight of snow, ice or sleet; vandalism or malicious mischief; sonic boom; sprinkler leakage; freezing by temperature reduction of plumbing, heating or air conditioning systems or water damage; burglary; volcanic action; and sinkhole collapse.
- Your business personal property will be protected while it is on the residence premises or while it is removed temporarily for repairs.
- "Named Perils" business personal property coverage provides protection against loss caused by the same perils as listed above for your dwelling.
Rental Income Protection
- Coverage guarantees rental income will continue up to 12 consecutive months if damage to your dwelling or business personal property interferes with normal operations.
- During the critical seven-day period after a loss, you will be advanced up to $100 per day while you are determining your actual loss.
The following important coverages are available as additional amounts of coverage.
The following extension of coverage is provided for newly acquired or constructed property, for 90 days after acquisition or the start of construction.
- Pays up to 25 percent of your dwelling coverage limit, not to exceed $250,000, for damage to your newly acquired buildings or newly constructed additions, buildings and structures.
- Pays up to 10 percent of your business personal property coverage limit, not to exceed $100,000, for damage to your newly acquired business personal property.
- Pays up to one month's actual business loss, not to exceed $100,000, for your loss of income due to damage to your newly acquired buildings and/or business personal property, and new additions, buildings and structures.
- Valuable papers and records - Pays up to $5,000 for the extra expense of reproducing your valuable papers, records and computerized data when destroyed by an insured peril at the residence premises.
- Money and securities - Pays up to $1,000 for loss caused by an insured peril to money and securities that are on your premises or within a bank. The ERIE will pay up to $1,000 for money and securities destroyed and up to $1,000 for money and securities lost while being conveyed by messenger.
- Debris removal - Pays up to 5 percent of the total coverage amounts for your buildings and business personal property, plus $5,000, for clean up after a loss.
This flexible policy includes "named perils" coverage for the following:
- Trees, Shrubs, Lawns and Plants
- Unattached Outbuildings
- Tennis Courts
- Inground Swimming Pools
This program for Landlords provides liability protection for personal injuries and damage to the property of others. The liability protection applies at all your locations and to all operations necessary or incidental to them. Medical Payments coverage is also included for medical expenses for persons other than you, your tenants, or your employees when injured by accident on your premises. Some of the liability coverages include:
- Property Damage
- Medical Payments
- Blanket Contractual Liability
- Non-Owned Watercraft Liability
- Host Liquor Liability
The following are some of the coverages that can be included in your Policy for Landlords to broaden your protection.
- Comprehensive Perils-Dwellings and Rental Income Protection
- Comprehensive Perils-Dwellings, Business Personal Property and Rental Income Protection
- Inland Marine Coverage
- Earthquake Coverage
- Condominium Unit Owners Coverage
Contact us for more details.